Why Using Cascadable Ethernet IO Modules for Building Automation Systems?
Views : 6767
Author : Sam
Update time : 2022-04-24 14:53:42
Why Use Cascadable Ethernet Remote IO Modules in Building Automation Systems?
The cascadable Ethernet remote IO modules support MAC layer data exchange, which can realize hand-in-hand connection, which can save switch interface and reduce a loT of Ethernet cable cost, wiring space and wiring cost.
For the building automation system, each data acquisition control point is linearly distributed in each floor, so it is very suitable to use the Ethernet remote IO module M160E that can be cascaded.
Actually, when the data collection control points are distributed in a linear manner, such as street lights, bridges, street lights, digital factories, parking lot monitoring, smart parking lots, smart parking racks, building automation and other scenarios in smart parks, the use of cascadable dual-port Ethernet remote IO modules M160E saves more costs than single-port Ethernet remote IO modules. see below:
Its advantages are as follows:
1. No need for a large number of Ethernet switches and occupying Ethernet switch ports;
2. It can save a lot of Ethernet cables, cable space, and labor costs for installing cables;
3. The overall cost is significantly reduced;
4. M160E not only supports Modbus RTU protocol, Modbus TCP protocol, but also supports IoT protocol MQTT protocol, and also supports TCP Server and TCP Client services; it can be connected to SCADA system, PLC system or cloud platform;
4. The M160E series uses the MAC layer for data exchange to ensure that the network connection will not cause communication problems with the subsequent equipment due to the failure of the intermediate equipment.
As shown below:
It can be seen from the picture above:
1. Using the cascadable dual-port Ethernet remote IO module M160E, data acquisition and control wiring for floors with a height of 70 meters, only 70 meters of Ethernet cables are required;
2. Using the traditional single network port Ethernet remote IO module M160E, the data acquisition and control system wiring of the floor with a height of 70 meters requires 280 meters of Ethernet cables.
Therefore, we can conclude that the data collection control points are distributed in a linear manner, such as street lights, bridges, street lights, digital factories, parking lot monitoring, smart parking lots, smart parking racks, building automation and other scenarios in smart parks, the use of cascadable dual-port Ethernet remote IO modules M160E saves more costs than single-port Ethernet remote IO modules.
Related NewsRead More >>
S272 Used to Monitor the Parameters of Aquaculture Recirculation System and Support Send an Alarm Through SMS
Smart Building Controler EdgeCOM with 2 Network Port, Supports Secondary Developmen and Internet of Things Gatement
The Data Processing Ethernet IO Module of The Smart Property Makes the Park Information More Intelligent